When your car is properly tuned, the ignition system, fuel system, emission system and computer system are all working together. This results in peak combustion chamber efficiency, saving you money at the gas pump and making sure your car is emitting a minimum amount of pollutants. Here at Land Rover Austin in Austin, Texas, our highly trained service professionals are the best in the business when it comes to fine tuning your vehicle, and we are here to make sure your Land Rover runs with maximum efficiency and reliability at all times, and for many years to come.
A tune up should involve replacing the air filter, replacing or cleaning the spark plugs, and replacing the distributor cap and rotor. A tune up can also include replacement of the spark plug wires, fuel filter, PCV valve, engine belts and oxygen sensor.
- You feel the engine vibrating or it stalls out
- You notice a sudden decrease in gas mileage
- You feel a loss in power or acceleration
- You can feel vibrations or knocking sounds while driving
- The check engine light comes on after you start your car and remains on while driving
- You notice unfamiliar smells coming from the engine, such as exposed oil or burnt rubber.
Usually a tune up is done every 2 years or 30,000 miles, but depending on the make and model of your car and how new or old it is, you may need one more or less frequently so check your owner’s manual or give our service department a call here at Land Rover Austin in Austin, Texas. We look forward to servicing your Land Rover or Range Rover soon, and feel free to call our service department to speak with any one of our highly knowledgeable advisors, should you have any questions regarding the maintenance and tuning-up of your vehicle.