Our staff here at Land Rover Austin in Austin, Texas, want you to always be prepared out there on the roads should an unexpected emergency arise, so here are some important and highly useful items that you should always keep on-hand inside your vehicle should you ever become stranded.
- First Aid Kit – Make sure this is fully stocked in case something happens to you or your fellow passengers. You never know how far you might be from a hospital.
- Flashlight – Always smart to have a flashlight with fresh batteries ready should you be get stuck at night.
- Spare Tire/Fix-a Flat – Be sure to check that your spare is fully inflated, and keep some fix-a-flat cans with you so that you can get yourself to a service station in case you find a tire leak.
- Road Flares – Keep a few 15-minute burning road flares in your trunk in case you need to change a tire or flag someone down for help at night.
- Cell Phone/Charger – These items are vital to have with you, especially a phone charger in case you are stuck for a long period of time and your cell runs out of juice.
- Owner’s Manual – Making sure this is always kept in your glove-box is a smart thing. It provides a lot of useful information that may help get you back on the road.
- Bottled Water/Snacks – You don’t know how long you might be stranded, so make sure you keep plenty of water and dry food items stocked in your car at all times.
- Maps/GPS System – If your car or phone does not come equipped with a GPS/Navigation system, then be sure to have a road map with you in case you end up taking the wrong turn out there. And if you are interested in having a Navigation system installed, then give us a call or stop by our dealership here at Land Rover Austin in Austin, Texas, so we can discuss getting your equipped with one.
- Jumper Cables – Finding out you have a dead battery is never a fun feeling, so be sure you keep a set of jumper cables in your car at all times and be sure that your battery is in good operating condition.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding the specific brands, or types of safety equipment/tools etc, then do not hesitate to contact us here at Land Rover Austin in Austin, Texas, so one of our highly trained and knowledgeable staff members can assist you. Be safe and take care out there on the roads, and we look forward to seeing you in our showroom soon to check us out our 2013 lineup of Land Rovers and Range Rovers, as well as our other pre-owned luxury vehicles!